Directors and Officers
Paliare Roland’s commercial litigation team has decades of experience in advising directors and officers about their rights and obligations.
We offer strategic advice to individuals, boards of directors, board committees, senior executives and investors seeking to avoid disputes. When conflict arises, Paliare Roland’s team provides real-time litigation expertise to its clients designed to achieve an efficient, business-minded outcome.
Paliare Roland’s lawyers act often in a broad range of cases impacting officers and directors. Our expertise includes:
- corporate governance
- counsel to special committees of the Board
- employment contracts and executive compensation
- exit strategies and termination of employment
- human rights, sexual harassment and discrimination
- insurance coverage
- internal investigations, both advisory and as independent investigators
- oppression remedy proceedings and derivative actions
- regulatory investigations (like OSC investigations)