Tina has a broad civil litigation practice with experience in commercial litigation, class actions, insolvency, and labour and employment law, and a particular interest in private international law. Tina assists clients in finding effective and practical solutions in all matters ranging from wrongful dismissal files to complex commercial disputes.
Tina has represented clients at numerous administrative tribunals and before all levels of court in Ontario, as well as the Supreme Court of Canada. Tina also has experience with public inquiries, having worked as a staff lawyer on the Goudge Inquiry into Pediatric Forensic Pathology in Ontario.
Prior to joining the firm in 2007, Tina clerked for the Justices of the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
- McGill University, B.C.L. /LL.B., 2006
- McMaster University, B.A. Sc. (Hons.), 2003
- Ontario, 2007
- New York, 2007
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Tina was a member of a small team of lawyers assisting Commission Counsel to the Goudge Inquiry into Pediatric Forensic Pathology in Ontario.
- Tina was co-counsel for the plaintiff on Van Breda v. Club Resorts Ltd. before the Court of Appeal for Ontario and the Supreme Court of Canada, which redefined the test for the assumption of jurisdiction over foreign defendants in Ontario.
- Tina was co-counsel for the applicant in Krieger v. Toronto Police Services Board before the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the first case to order reinstatement of an employee under the current human rights regime in Ontario.
- Tina has represented multinational companies in complex, multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes, including in an expedited trial on the Commercial List.
- Tina regularly acts for individuals and businesses in relation to contract and tort claims.
- Tina regularly advises individuals who have been terminated from their employment.
Awards and Honours
Recognized byBenchmark Litigation as 2019 Future Star and is on 40 & Under Hot List
Publications and Presentations