Jeff brings a pragmatic and business-like approach to the practice of law. Clients rely on his strategic and sensible advice and value his ability to find and deliver practical and cost-efficient solutions to their business issues. In 2014, Jeff was recognized as a “Rising Star, one of Canada’s Leading Lawyers Under 40” by Lexpert.
Jeff has a diverse business litigation practice including corporate/commercial, securities and bankruptcy and insolvency litigation. He appears regularly before the Commercial List and has appeared before the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada. Jeff also appears before the Ontario Securities Commission, IIROC and the MFDA.
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 1999
- Schulich School of Business, MBA, 1999
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society, Securities Litigation Group
* Practising as a professional corporation.
A selection of the types of cases Jeff has acted on recently includes acting for:
- shareholders in business and shareholder disputes
- various parties in large and complex corporate and commercial contract disputes
- individuals and institutions in broker-negligence cases
- investors and other lenders to recover funds lost in corporate and securities fraud
- individuals in administrative proceedings at the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada and Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada
- reporting issuers, individuals and other registrants at the Ontario Securities Commission
- various stakeholders in contested proxy-contests
- various stakeholders in insolvencies and restructuring
Awards and Honours
- Identified as a Leading Cross-Border Litigation Lawyer in the Lexpert® Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers in Canada, 2015
- Named a “Rising Star, one of Canada’s Leading Lawyers under 40” by Lexpert, 2014
Publications and Presentations
Jeff Larry and Lindsay Scott, "Guidance in secured transactions involving mortgages on real property." June 29, 2015 Canadian Lawyer
The Law of Privilege, Ontario Bar Association's Continuing Legal Education Seminar on Proving Your Case - Evidence of Litigation
Best Practices for Advocates: Managing the Difficult Judge, with Linda Rothstein and Odette Soriano, LSUC Accredited Continuing Professional Development
The Aftermath of Investment Fraud, Fourth Annual Securities Litigation Practice Group Symposium
Caught in Limbo: When registered individuals are precluded from an automatic license transfer between firms, First Annual Securities Litigation Practice Group Symposium.