Employment lawyer Lindsay Scott provides insightful information on several employment-related issues that can be encountered during COVID-19:
- "Salary cuts? Unsafe conditions? Your work-related legal questions, answered", Wait, There's More, Global News podcast, June 29, 2020.
- Segment on remote work, CTV News (Toronto and Ottawa), June 29, 2020
- "I can do my job from home - but they want me to come in: COVID-19 employment questions, answered", Chatelaine Magazine, June 29, 2020.
- "An employment lawyer explains what we need to know as workplaces open", The Big Story podcast, May 19, 2020
- "Can my boss make me take the bus? COVID-19 employment questions, answered", Chatelaine Magazine, May 12, 2020.
PRRR’s response to COVID-19
The impact of COVID-19 has not only affected one city. It has affected the entire world. Our lawyers have years of experience advising employees and employers in workplace matters.
If you have felt the impact of COVID-19, we can help. Our lawyers from a broad range of practice areas are available for services that include:
- Contractual disputes, including those related to force majeur clauses and supply chain disruption
- Commercial lease disputes, including review and advice in respect of obligations under existing commercial leases for both landlords and tenants
- Advice and recommendations in respect of companies’ obligations, rights, and coverages in the face of COVID-19 uncertainty, including:
- business interruption insurance policies and their applicability to COVID-19 business closures
- director and officer responsibilities and liabilities, board and special committee issues
- corporate governance issues for publically traded companies
- Alternative dispute resolution – backlog of Court cases are going to make private arbitrations even more attractive – especially with their flexibility of rules etc.
- Formal and informal insolvency proceedings, including large CCAA cases and receiverships
For more detailed information on how we a help, please visit any of the practice areas on our website.