Ken addresses litigation as strategic problem-solving to assist clients in resolving their disputes. Ken is recognized as a leading lawyer in corporate commercial litigation, insolvency litigation, administrative law, cross-border disputes and mediation.
Throughout his more than 35 years of practice, Ken has appeared before all levels of court, administrative tribunals and government agencies. Ken is highly regarded for finding strategic and practical solutions to complex problems. These include financing; shareholders and/or contractual disputes, insolvency; and regulatory disputes.
Ken’s recent appointments include acting as a Neutral:
~ Mediator/Facilitator – The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) has appointed Ken to mediate/facilitate an OEB Settlement Conference in the 2023 – 2027 Hydro One Joint Rate Application Case (Transmission and Distribution) involving billions of dollars and many parties, stakeholders and intervenors.
~ Arbitrator – Ken has been appointed by the CCAA Supervising Judge (C.J. Morawetz) as a claims officer in the Laurentian University CCAA proceeding.
- Nortel - Successful Counsel who created and advanced the winning theory in the $7.3B (USD) cross Border Allocation trial, involving over 30 countries and dozens of lawyers.
- Sino Forest - Insolvency Counsel to successful class action litigants who obtained one of the largest settlements ever against an accounting firm.
- Lac Megantic Railway disaster - Insolvency Counsel to successful class action litigants.
- Mediator in a 2017 Ontario Energy Board Rate case involving more than a dozen parties and many billions of dollars.
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 1979
- University of Winnipeg, B.A., 1976
- Canadian Bar Association
- Commercial List Bench/Bar Users’ Committee, Secretary
- Insolvency Institute of Canada
- The Advocates’ Society
- Turnaround Management Association
*Practising as a professional corporation.